Since I’m going to be
bitching talking about SEO more in the foreseeable future, I figured I’d use today to pimp a few of the folks that do it right when it comes to Search Engine Optimization. The few, the proud, the non-sleazy.
- Outspoken Media: Great SEO firm. Had the pleasure of having breakfast with Lisa Barone last year at PUBCON and she really did strike me as one of the good ones in this business. Plus, her liveblogging on all the major conferences is 8 degrees of awesome.
- Bruce Clay: Simply put, the SEO OG. He preaches everything that is important in SEO (good content, good links, good site structure) instead of taking the “I won’t tell you anything without a contract and a $5,000 retainer” like so many others.
- SEO Book: Aaron Wall is a One Man Gang when it comes to raging against the Google machine. Lately he’s been more about pointing out Google’s inconsistencies in policy, but he’s angry, articulate and funny (pretty much everything I look for in a blog).
- Gray Wolf: Tons of useful information from Michael Gray. He seems to know exactly where the line is between hats, going right up to the line without crossing over to the dark side.
- PUBCON: The single best search engine optimization conference and event. I’ve been to a ton of conferences over the years, but this is the only one that’s ever really been worth the price of admission. If only it wasn’t in Vegas. Seriously, anywhere but Vegas.
Ok, that’s all I’ve got. This week’s crunchy groove comes from Neil Young revisiting Massey Hall back in 2007. Doesn’t matter how old the cat gets, he’s still the man. Out.